Brand Names: Alprazolam Intensol, Xanax, and Xanax XR Generic Name: Alprazolam (al PRAY zoe lam)
What is Alprazolam, and what does it manage?
Alprazolam is a well-known anti-anxiety medication that belongs to the benzodiazepine family of drugs. It is a controlled drug substance approved for limited medical uses, including treatment of anxiety and panic disorder. People can buy Alprazolam online also for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder or social phobia. It is a prescription medication that can only be purchased with a prescription by a doctor. However, benzos are also commonly used to treat alcohol withdrawal and difficulty sleeping. Eventually, it works to manage these given-below symptoms associated with an anxiety disorder.
- Fatigue (feeling tired all time and low energy)
- Difficulty concentrating
- Muscle tension
- Irritability and
- Sleep disturbance (waking up in the middle of the night and difficulty falling asleep)
How should I take Alprazolam?
Alprazolam occurs in oral doses, taken with or without food. It will be best to take it with food if you have an upset stomach. Medicine may be used every day at regular times or on a needed basis. Your healthcare provider will determine what amount of drug is best for you. Do not take such medication through more frequent doses than prescribed. Alprazolam orally disintegrating pills must remain in their original packaging. Open the package with dry hands when going to take it. It’s orally disintegrating tablets will dissolve in the mouth within seconds and can be swallowed with or without water. You should take this anti-anxiety medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor or healthcare provider and follow all necessary instructions written in your prescription label or medication guide. Users may order Alprazolam online to get a free medication guide.
What should I avoid while taking Alprazolam?
You should avoid using other prescription or over-the-counter drugs and alcohol while using Alprazolam. Mixing such suppressants can decrease the benefits and increase the risks of adverse effects. Alcohol increases the chances of accidental overdose with such medications.
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Alprazolam?
- Medicines you have used in the past for any medical problem, whether they were effective or produced any side effects.
- Having thoughts of suicide or harming yourself
- If you have faced any severe condition with the use of drugs, discuss them with your doctor. Some adverse effects may pass with time, but some others may require changes in the treatment.
- The health conditions that disrupt you most.
- All medications you are taking currently including herbal products and over-the-counter medicines.
- If you are a pregnant lady or want to become pregnant and if you’re a breastfeeding mother. If you have used other drugs or drink alcohol.
What are the possible aftereffects of Alprazolam?
- Feeling tired, dizzy, lightheaded, or fatigued
- Decreased ability to concentrate, Impaired coordination
If you experience these adverse effects after starting Alprazolam, they will often improve over the first seven days or 14 days as you continue to use the medication
Rare/serious side effects
- Trouble speaking, feeling very tired, shortness of breath, dizziness, or passing out.
- Headache, memory impairment, irritability, increased heart rate, and restlessness may occur.
- Some individuals are taking benzodiazepines to develop a severe allergic reaction and swelling of their faces. This can occur as early as the first dose of medicine.
- Some people who take benzos for sleep have experienced various behaviors while they were asleep/not fully awake, such as making phone calls, sleep-driving, and preparing or eating food. And they have no memory of the events when they awaken.
- Signs of depression or thoughts of harming or killing yourself.